Requirements for Minor
(for students declaring a WGS Minor on or after August 24, 2016 - includes HFTA requirement)
Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
- WGS 200 (Introduction to WS)
- WGS 205 (Introduction to Studies in Sexualities) -- only offered in the Spring
- WGS 300 (Feminist Theory) -- only offered in the Spring
- 3 electives (a WGS course or a course cross-listed with WGS)
Courses taken to fulfill the minor in WGS must be taken for a letter grade and not pass/fail. Use the WGS minor checklist (with HFTA requirement) or WGS minor checklist (without HFTA requirement) to check your status toward completing your WGS Minor.
Yes. Introduction to Women's Studies (WGS_OX 200), Gender, Race and Sexuality (WGS_OX 202), Transnational Feminisms (WGS_OX 300), and any Special Topics In Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies (WGS_OX 385R). Any relevant cross-listed courses.
- WGS_OX 100 is equivalent to WGS 200 (Introduction to Women's Studies)
- WGS_OX 202 is equivalent to WGS 205 (Introduction to Studies in Sexualities)
- WGS_OX 300 is equivalent to WGS 300 (Feminist Theory or special topics electives, courses must be approved by the WGS Director of Undergraduate Studies for core credit.)
- WGS_OX 385R is equivalent to WGS 385 (special topics electives)
- The department recognizes courses included by the Registrar's Office on a student's transcript. There is no petition process for credits not included by the Registrar.
How do I declare a Major/Minor in Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies?
The following form allows students to declare a majors/minors or to remove an existing major/minor from their record. Please read the notes below BEFORE completing the form.
Seniors who have already submitted degree applications should not submit this form but should email OUE.Advising@emory.edu with their request.
Once submitted, you will receive an email with directions to contact the Undergraduate Program Coordinator in the WGSS Office, Candler Library 128C for next steps. Your major/minor will not be changed until your complete the WGSS entrance survey and the Undergraduate Program Coordinator authorizes the change to the Registrar.
This form is best viewed on Internet Explorer or Safari
If you have any questions about the form or the process, please contact OUE.Records@emory.edu or (404) 727-9321.